Sunday, January 6, 2013

HAPPY NEW YEAR!


Well, dear reader, today things got back to “normal” meaning my son returned to the Navy, house was cleaned for the first time in a week, laundry was done, and I settled down to write only to have my laptop “Pop” and smoke came out the back and horror of horrors my laptop died.  Seriously?  I don’t need this. I have books to write, FB status’s to update, emails to check, books to write…oh wait I already mentioned that. Anyhow, I allowed myself a slight meltdown, okay it was pretty impressive. I’m tired and missing my son and feeling a little at odds with what was going on. Screwed it together and pulled out the antiquated desk top I have and went and bought a $10 keyboard (and let me tell you, you get what you pay for in this case) and tried to upload my back up to the desktop…alas, backup didn’t back up since I guess my computer was failing a week ago without my knowing it…and decided “screw it” and stepped away from technology (which at this point was seriously not my friend) and cuddled under the blanket with my lil dog and felt sorry for myself. Normally, I’m not one to give into pity parties as I find they don’t really serve a purpose…in the end I managed to have a nice day, reading and relaxing, guess that’s what I needed and just didn’t realize it.

I’m hoping this isn’t a sign of things to come for 2013 as I’ve been looking forward to this year as a new start for myself. So tell me, when things get rough for you, how do you deal? Do you have a fit and throw a tantrum, do you have a good cry and move on, or do you throw yourself the king of pity parties? 

No comments: