With that said...here are some fun historic trivia facts for this Monday.
1. Jimmy Carter was the first US President born in a hospital.
2. Britain's present royal family was originally named Saxe-Coburg and Gotha. The name was changed in 1917, during WW1 because of German connotations. The name Windsor was suggested by one of the staff. At the same time the Battenberg family name of the cousins to the Windsors was changed into Mountbatten.
3. During the US Civil war, 200,000 blacks served in the Union Army; 38,000 gave their lives; 22 won the Medal of Honor.
4. Christmas became a national holiday in the US in 1890.
5. In England and the American colonies they year 1752 only had 354 days. In that year, the type of calendar was changed, and 11 days were lost.
Looking for a fun historic romance? Check out book 1 in my Clan Ross Series!
Laird Braden Ross, once a brave warrior for his clan was to marry Catrìona MacDougall and what started as a marriage to solidify clan relations turns into a love match. But, when Braden leaves MacDougall land with his bride to be, they are ambushed by banished members of the Comyn clan under the direction of Morgana a druid priestess who has long held deep feelings for Braden and when those feelings weren’t returned she vowed to make him pay. She attacks Catrìona and leaves her to die in Braden’s arms after cursing him into a loveless existence until his soulmate releases him.
Braden has been trying to reach out to Catrìona but she is convinced he’s nothing but a dream. He needs to prove to her they are meant to be, before she banishes him to the afterlife.