Monday, January 14, 2013

And the Envelope Please!



So how many of you were surprised by last night’s a Golden Globe award? Did all of your picks win or where you left scratching your head? I for one will now have to check out what Homeland and Girls are all about as they seemed to really walk away with the lion’s share of the television awards. Of course they’re on cable channels I don’t have so that explains a lot for me as to why I’ve missed these.



I was thrilled that Maggie Smith won an award for her role in Downton Abby. I adore that program, which was on last night as well. I DVR’d it and watched it after the Golden Globe’s. Oh boy, this season is surely going to have to be nominated for awards next year.


I was surprised…or maybe I shouldn’t have been by all the awards Argo won! Holy cow, they stripped a good number of globes from would be winners…including STEVEN SPIELBERG, I admit, I didn’t see that one coming. Congrats to Ben Affleck. It’s a shame that he won’t be up for these awards at the Academy Awards!


A great many of the movies up for Academy Awards have been film adaptations of books. And last year a great many books were turned into film. Anna Karenina, Safe Haven,(I won’t name all of Nicholas Sparks books that have been turned into film as too many of them have been)  Life of Pi, Les Miserable, The Hunger Games, The Lorax, Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Hunter, Cloud Atlas, and Alex Cross, to mention a few. Hey not too bad since I just did this off the top of my head, and yes I know I missed a few, I’m sorry…Anyhow, back to my point, two of books, which I can probably safely say not everyone has bothered to read, Anna Karenina, and Les Miserable where adapted to the big screen, and Les Mis, has been walking away with the awards, which I will say thrills me as I’m bias.

So what’s your favorite part of the awards show and which is your least favorite?

No comments: