Sunday, November 11, 2012

Happy Veteran's Day!

HAPPY VETERAN'S DAY!

I just want to take a moment and say THANK YOU! As a former military spouse, and current military mother I can honestly say that serving the country is not an easy thing. It's difficult, it's heartbreaking at times and then there are times that just take your breath away with pride. However, I wouldn't change my experience with this for a thing. My pride in my family that serves knows no bounds...they are protecting the freedoms and rights we sometimes take for granted. Let me assure you, these people more than anyone else on earth knows how precious these freedoms are. Remember it takes a very special person to put something so much bigger and important ahead of themselves.

This picture speaks volumes about what service to this country means! So many serve alongside the active duty personal. Please say a prayer for everyone involved...the hardest thing about serving the military as a family member is letting go when all you want to do is hang on as tight as you can.

So today as you spend time with your family and friends, enjoying this beautiful Sunday, say an extra prayer for those serving abroad far from blood family. And know you can sleep a little better tonight knowing someone...a perfect stranger has your back...


No comments: