Saturday, July 26, 2008

Happy Birthday...to me!

Well, today is my birthday. It has been a bittersweet day. One, because my husband was not here to help celebrate as he is deployed and two because I was able to speak with him briefly. I confess that I have not been dealing well with his being gone. I miss him a great deal and although I know that I am not alone in having to experience....this aspect of military life, it doesn't change the fact that it's not easy.

However, I am far from alone. I've had tons of calls and e-mails wishing me well. It is so wonderful to know that I have such wonderful friends. It does help believe it or not.

I have decided the best approach to this separation is to take it one day at a time and if that seems too much, then one hour at a time. That is knowing that this too shall pass. I am staying busy, working on my various manuscripts and taking care of the house, kids, and pets.

As to that I have started a new romance. A Regency...which is a scary prospect for me as I have only written one other Regency...a novella that will be released in the anthology "A Dance of Manners." I will keep you updated on the release date once I have one. You're probably asking yourself why this intimidates me...well, Regency fans have a certain idea how stories should go when set in this time period. One false step and they call you on it. LOL!!! This is a good thing though...makes the writer aware.

This is also different as I actually plotted the story out. Now, I know you're going 'well yeah...' but the truth is I don't generally plot a story out. I give the term "pantser" new meaning. I'll blog about this later, check back!

Until next time...happy reading!

1 comment:

Delilah Marvelle said...

Happy Birthday Love!!! May all your dreams come true when you blow out those candles!!!