Friday, May 10, 2013

Happy Friday...

Happy Friday dear readers,

This has been a very busy week for me. I had TWO stories release and it's been very exciting. There is nothing better than working hard and FINALLY seeing a result. I don't think I'll ever get used to the excitement of my book being released to the masses!

THE TROUBLE with BEACHES is the 6th installment in my Trouble Series. If you haven't read any of the previous titles it's all good. I have purposely written this series in a way that allows for a reader to jump in at the end or even the middle without being lost. For a series challenged reader such as myself (I generally start a series either at the end or in the middle) I wanted to make sure that readers never feel left out of the loop if they've missed one or two of the titles.



Beaches was so much fun to write. Here is an excerpt...


“Come, Anne. There is someone I’d like you to meet. I hope it’s okay but we’ve had a surprise addition to the tour. Of course we will pay any extra fees.”

Anne was in the process of saying it would be no trouble and then came to a dead stop when she saw him. All six foot plus, wavy dark hair, and intense eyes. Her stomach instantly tightened.

“Annie, dear, I’d like to introduce you to my favorite grandson, Dean Bryant.”
“I’m her only grandson,” Dean said as he smiled and held out his hand. “Nice to meet you.”
When Anne shook his hand, it immediately sent tingles up her arm as if she’d touched a live wire. Without thinking, she yanked her hand back and ran it down her thigh, trying to eliminate the sensation. She immediately regretted her impulsive action when she met Dean’s narrowed gaze.

“It’s nice to meet you. I’m glad you could join the tour.”

“Sure, sweetheart.”

Dean turned from her and she squeezed her eyes closed, moaning at her complete and total lack of composure. Could she have been ruder? This was so not like her; she never acted like such a twit when she was meeting a new person. This was not a brilliant start to her day at all and she, more than anyone, knew how important first impressions were, especially in a professional situation. Quickly, she looked around to see if anyone had had noticed her discourteous behavior but the ladies were occupied with checking wallets, cameras, and the itinerary. Thank goodness. She couldn’t let this happen again.

No comments: