Monday, December 17, 2012

TAG You're it! THE NEXT GREAT THING!

I've been tagged by my good friend Kemberlee Shortland for this fun Q&A!

THE NEXT GREAT THING!



1. What is your working title of your book?  
The Haunted set in my favorite city, New Orleans, Louisiana.

2. Where did the idea come from for the book?


  
I love to wander the city and imagine stories from the past. I wandered by the LaLaurie Mansion and wondered what really happened to the family since no one really knows. One thing led to another and the “what if” question started to swirl and BAM, idea.

3. What genre does your book fall under?  

 Paranormal Suspense.

4. Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?




 My hero would be Jensen Ackles from Supernatural for my female lead I pictured Kat Denning from 2 Broke Girls. Le Sigh, these two are perfect!

5. What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?  

Sometimes the past can only be put to rest by the present.

6. Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?  

Hopefully it will find a happy home with a publishing company!

7. How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?  

The rough draft was a NaNo manuscript so it took about 25 days

8. What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?  

Any of Heather Graham’s Krewe of Hunters books.

9. Who or what inspired you to write this book?  

I was inspired by the history of the LaLaurie house and the past and perhaps the untold story there.

10. What else about your book might pique the reader's interest?  

There is a great deal of historic details in the book regarding the LaLaurie’s. I think the romance, the suspense the paranormal elements will be so well entwined the reader won’t be able to put it down.


Here are some writers I think are just amazing. Check out their blogs!

Kemberlee Shortland

Angela Rose

Faith Smith

No comments: